HOW THE MTHFR GENE AFFECTS YOUR THYROID HEALTH
There is a heavy relationship between thyroid dysfunction and variants (mutations) of the MTHFR gene.
The MTHFR gene helps your body break down folic acid and folate (vitamin B9) to methylfolate, which is used in numerous body process such as:
- boosting the immune system
- breakdown of chemical and metal toxins
- cell repair
- production of glutathione-the body’s most abundant detoxifier and anti-oxidant
- metabolizing B – vitamins, hormones, and neurotransmitters
- regulates serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine
Imbalanced thyroid hormone levels decrease the function of the MTHFR gene.
Thyroxine-T4 is needed to absorb and metabolize B2 vitamin (riboflavin) to FAD, a form of the vitamin necessary to produce and run the MTHFR gene. If thyroxine is low it will screw up your MTHFR gene and all the processes it runs.
More Like This…
Maecenas et nunc quis urna sagittis venenatis vitae non enim. Nulla consequat quam vitae elit aliquet molestie. Ut aliquet, risus dapibus tristique tristique, est metus posuere massa, vitae ultrices tortor erat tristique leo. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per.