WHAT IS ACUPUNCTURE?
What is Acupuncture?
Before I go on any further and talk about emotions, I want to touch base on how acupuncture/traditional Chinese theory works on emotions. Many people know the word acupuncture, but do not know what it entails.
Most individuals think that it is just sticking needles in a person to ease their pain, but it is so much more. There are so many things that it helps with, I wouldn’t have enough space to write all that it entails…but I will attempt to hit the basics.
Let’s make it as simple as possible. Here are some basic principles:
- There are rivers of energy that run through the body called meridians (just like lines on a map).
- There are 12 main rivers/meridians throughout the body, which feed into each other one right after the other.
- As energy runs from one river to the next, it eventually makes a complete journey throughout all the meridians in a 24-hour period.
- Each river is named after an organ, because the river passes near or through a particular organ location in the body. Example-spleen meridian, liver meridian, heart meridian, etc.
- The energy in the meridian supports and feeds the organs, muscles, lymph nodes, and blood vessels as it passes by them.
- Any blockage within one of the meridians can stop the flow of energy. This can cause a chain effect throughout all 12 meridians.
The meridians carry bio-energy, chi. The meridians carry this energy like electrical current through wires. Russian scientists scientists have discovered meridian pathways and have documented the electrical paths along the same routes that Chinese Medicine has stated all these years. It’s a great research project, look it up and geek out on it, let me know what you think.
Where does chi come from? That’s a good question. In TCM it states that it starts at the moment of conception and cultivates and brews as you grow. I believe God has given us many different systems in our bodies to help us grow and develop. Let me know your thoughts. We hopefully can all agree that we can see the evidence of how it works.
There is so much research you can look up on the electrical currents that run throughout the connective tissue/fascia of the body, specifically around these meridian pathways. It is another system of the body, just like the digestive or lymphatic. It is the bio-electrical system! Please read about it! You can see electricity and feel the effects, and now they have mapped these pathways through research.
Last thing – these rivers carry emotional energy.
More Like This…
Maecenas et nunc quis urna sagittis venenatis vitae non enim. Nulla consequat quam vitae elit aliquet molestie. Ut aliquet, risus dapibus tristique tristique, est metus posuere massa, vitae ultrices tortor erat tristique leo. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per.